Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - BABY AND THE MUFFINS

Hello Everyone
           Copyright © 2012 sammiethesnorkie All Rights Reserved  

My cousin, Jo, has a bull dog named Baby. When she first told me what she was going to name her new addition to the family, I had to stifle a laugh. Baby? Oh please.  I reminded Jo that if the dog ever escaped from the yard and she has to go outside dressed in her bathrobe calling for BABY...who knows who will show up.......

Anyway, my cousin asked if we would bring Sammie the Snorkie over to visit and cheer poor BABY up. Say What? Jo explained that Baby's puppy friend next door, NICKLES, moved away last week and BABY was missing him. In fact, Jo said, BABY is having a pity party all by herself on the couch because she was feeling all alone. Now how in the world would Jo know that, I wonder??

I love my cousin and will do just about anything for her, even something as silly as trying to cheer up a dog. So Sam and I got into the car for the short drive over to BABY'S house. 

When we walked in sure enough there was poor BABY on the sofa looking pretty sad, wouldn't even touch the corn muffins we brought over. She barely opened her eyes when we sat down next to her. Sam kept nudging her paw and belly. My cousin said, "Aww, isn't that the cutest thing?" Honestly, I think Sammie was trying to get to the muffins but we'll keep that thought to ourselves.

I guess BABY got tired of Sammie trying to pilfer her muffins so she decided to get off the couch and venture outside. Sam was right behind her and before we knew it they were both running across the yard having some fun. 
Well, Sammie was running, BABY was doing more of a leisurely stroll, but that's a good thing. At least she was trying. lol

Sadly, it was getting late and time for us to leave. As we were saying our good-byes, I turned to see BABY jump back on the couch and scarf down the treats.

Looks like old Nickles has been replaced by four corn muffins.


No comments:

Post a Comment