Wednesday, October 5, 2011

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE-AND ONE CAN OF SPRAY PAINT

Hello Everyone

Now that the days are getting cooler and the pesky mosquito's are finally gone, I thought today would be the ideal day to do some oustside chores.

We have one of those outdoor fireplace thingy's
and it needed some white Rustoleum paint applied before it started to get rusty.

When I am out in the back yard Sammie loves to follow. She'll run, explore, do her 'business' as well. I went into the garage to get the spray can and, of course, Sam was right there by my side following me out to the yard.

Sammie The Snorkie had to stand right there while I was spray painting the fireplace and the wind was blowing exactly where Sam was standing. She started sneezing, rubbing her face in the grass and in general just going mental. Eventually she got bored (thank goodness) and went to the other side of the yard to terrorize the poor Chihuahua next door.

After about 20 minutes I was finally finished painting and went inside to wash the paint off of my hands. Sammie didn't follow me inside and I didn't think nothing of it -- in hindsight I should have.

Sam came into the house through the doggie door a different dog, and I mean that literally. She had rubbed herself from head to tail across the freshly painted fireplace. Sammie left the house a gray and tan dog and came back in looking like a polar bear. There she is standing in front of me wagging her tail and covered in fresh paint. 

I put her in the doggie tub and started to wash the paint off.
Those of you who are familiar with the Rustoleum brand know that it isn't the easiest paint to take off human skin let alone dog fur.

I had to cut some of her fur that had too much paint that wouldn't wash off so now she is a dog with a mullet. Kind of looks like one of those punk hair do's you see these days.





Sammie is embarrassed to go outside these days, you see the Chihuahua now is the one terrorizing Sammie....Karma.  

No comments:

Post a Comment