Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - THE THONG & THE POTHOLDER

Hello Everyone

                Copyright © 2012 sammiethesnorkie All Rights Reserved
        
Regular readers know of Sammie's habit of taking sock's and hubby's underwear outside and leaving them all over the backyard.
Apparently that's isn't enough for her. Sammie the Snorkie has now started taking my potholders off of the stove (I have them hanging with little magnets) and hiding them throughout the house. 
Most of them end up in her bed and when I find them they get tossed in the laundry basket. Didn't take her long to figure that one out either. Came home from a day of after Christmas shopping with Aunt Betty and there was the laundry basket laying on the floor with it's contents dumped out for all to see. 

There were a pair of red thongs that the hubby bought me for Christmas in that pile and, of course, that is what caught Aunt Betty's eye. She asked what they were...oh dear. I didn't want to freak her out again like the last time. So I told her they were doilies. (You know those things your Grandmother had on her end tables and such for decoration.)

She picked it up and studied it for a minute or so. Said she had never seen a doilie quite like this one and she really liked how it was made. Oh oh, we are climbing into dangerous territory here....

Aunt Betty asked if she could borrow it to copy off of so she could crochet one of her own. omg. What could I say? I told her sure, no problem take it home with you.

A few weeks later Aunt Betty invited the entire family over for dinner. As soon as I walked into her house my eyes started darting around looking for her 'doilie'. Before I could spot it, Aunt Betty comes up to me with my thong in her hand - in front of the entire family - and says
"Thanks for letting me borrow this dear". My hubby's eyes went wide and his jaw dropped open. Poor cousin Ivy fell off the couch in a dead faint and my teenage nephew turned as red as a apple. "I made one just like it and it is over there on the mantle, under Uncle Henry's urn." I can only imagine what Uncle Henry is thinking up in heaven.....

No comments:

Post a Comment