Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - TIMEOUT CORNER FOR DOGS

Hello Everyone
                                   2012 ©All Rights Reserved®

If I could put Sammie in a 'timeout' corner today I would. It's like she is just looking for things to get in trouble with.
Last night I was all comfy cozy in bed just about to drift off when I hear the pitter patter of dog nails on my hardwood floor. Not just walking around, mind you, but racing around the floor. I laid there wondering if I should go check, then it got quiet. Well, having raised 2 children and you hear silence where there once was noise you know that can't be good. Opened my bedroom door and it looked like it snowed in the living room. Sammie had taken apart the lighthouse pillow my oldest daughter made for me for my birthday last year. There was stuffing everywhere including Sammie's beard. I had to laugh but sure as heck didn't let Sammie see me. So there I am at 2 in the morning vacuuming the floor.........

Next morning I was able to sleep in  because of the holiday. But at 9am apparently Sammie the Snorkie decided that I had enough sleep so she started her 'yodeling'. Of course, when one dog starts that stuff that all have to chime in. Every one of the dogs were off key and high pitched...enough to make your ears bleed.  Laying there hoping if I stayed quiet they would settle down...they did for a whole 10 minutes and then Julie Andrews and her Sound of Music choir started again. I gave up and got out of bed.

Now I am sitting here at my computer with all four dogs taking a nap. All of a sudden Puddles the Poodle
remembered Sammie stealing her cookie bone earlier (I'm assuming that had to be it) and started yapping and barking at Sam. I had to get between them to get them to stop. Now Puddles is 12 years old so she is entitled to a little doggie 'PMS' once and a while so I gave everyone another cookie bone and all is peaceful again in the Snorkie household........until tomorrow. Sigh. 





No comments:

Post a Comment