Wednesday, February 22, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - BUYING A BED

Hello Everyone
              Copyright © 2012 sammiethesnorkie All Rights Reserved

Today was bed buying day in the Snorkie household. As I mentioned in my last post, beds for dogs can be quite expensive.

So I got to thinking, what do I have around the house the dogs can use as a bed?? I remembered I had some old feather pillows my dear Aunt Betty gave me a while back. I accepted them, reluctantly. You see, I am fussy about those kinds of things, don't like sleeping on someone else's pillows. Aunt Betty also gave me her 'granny panties', said she wore them once and didn't like them. I am here to tell you those things make great dust cloths. . .

Anyway, I stored the pillows in the guest closet for the times Aunt Betty would spend the night. And then it hit me, those pillows would make great beds for the dogs! They're soft, big enough for each one to lay on and best of all.....cheap!!

I gathered them up from the closet and laid each one on the floor in the den. Of course, all the dogs had to come over and sniff and poke them with their nose. Sammie, Peaches, Puddles and Gabby each picked their favorite one and proceeded to  take their afternoon naps.

I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for dinner and left the four dogs snoozing away on their new beds.

When I arrived home, not one dog greeted me....never a good sign. Usually, as soon as they hear the garage door open, all four are at the back door, tails wagging, barking and jumping up and down. Happy to see who ever is home. NOT. THIS. TIME.

I slowly opened the back door and walked into the kitchen, still no dogs. Through the living room and down the hall...nothing, not even a sound. Even the parakeets were quiet. 

When I finally made it to the den there were all four dogs, covered in feathers, just lying there like, 'What?' Every one of those feather down pillows were ripped and the insides were everywhere. Inside the fireplace, on my couch, TV, end tables...everywhere. My eyes immediately went to Sammie and she looked right back at me with a smile in her eyes and no guilt whatsoever. Gabby the Shih tzu, however, had guilt written all over her. What gave her away was the feather still stuck on her nose and in her mouth. 

Now, I don't know how many of you out there have ever tried sweeping up feathers....the more you sweep, the more they fly across the room. The dogs loved it, and started playing with the feathers again as they floated in the air. 

While I was in the process of cleaning up the feathers off the floor and out of my hair, I glanced in the mirror... I looked like one of those feather dancer people.  
At that very moment, hubby came home from work, looked at me and asked, "Oh, are we having chicken for dinner tonight dear?"
A comedian is born.....
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment