Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - CHEAP EXERCISE PART 1

Hello Everyone
                 Copyright © 2012 sammiethesnorkie All Rights Reserved

During the winter we don't get to exercise like we should. You watch TV and see these skinny people trying to sell you all these very expensive exercise equipment that you just don't want to spend the money on.



If you own a dog, you don't need to invest in all of that fancy equipment. Sammie The Snorkie and I have come
up with a couple of exercises that you can do right in your own home...cheap!


First, we have the inner thighs. I place Sammie's favorite toy between my thighs and press tighter than she can pull. And please, do not attempt this exercise with bare legs. Your dog will look for a shortcut to the toy and try and dig it out. You will be damaged....

Second is upper body strength. I lift Sammy off of the couch, off the bed, out of the flower bed. Keep repeating...I am thinking as Sammie gets older the exercise will be reversed: onto the couch, onto the bed, into the car etc. 


Balance and Coordination Part 1: When Sammie runs to greet me across the length of the living room, leaps in the air and slams both her front paws into the back of my knees and I'm still standing, that's balance & coordination at it's finest.


Balance & Coordination Part 2:
This one I include all 4 of my pets. I try and remove Sammie, Puddles, Gabby and Peaches off of my lap to answer the phone before it stops ringing. I have a lot of calls going to voice mail when I do this exercise...

Balance & Coordination Part 3
This one is for those of you who own older dogs that aren't as fast. Attempt to cross the room without tripping over the dog. Getting off the couch without crushing any part of the sleeping, elderly dog is not as easy as it sounds. 


In my next blog on Friday I will show you how to firm up those arms and legs. 
Rest up now because it's gonna get ugly.   











No comments:

Post a Comment