Thursday, September 1, 2011

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE: BACKYARD HUNTER

In this part of the states, coastal South Carolina, you find 'interesting' bug life in your backyard.  That took a lot of getting used to since I am originally from Chicago. Palmetto Bugs, crazy ants (really that is what my exterminator called them) fire ants,mole crickets (don't ask, have no idea what there are except they are ruining my lawn) lizards and frogs of all sizes. I am sure there are more but I try and not think about it.
mole cricket
lizard
        

I've been told by a neighbor that we even have rattle snakes and water moccasins down here! ugh. Anyway, some 'animal' has made like a tunnel with an hole the size of your thumb. My Snorkie decides to stick her nose as far down as it will allow her. Now I have visions of her pulling her nose out of the hole with a snake, mole cricket and what ever else would or is down there. Talk about freaking out....yewww.
fire ant


I called her name which seemed like a hundred times to get out and away from there. Of course, a dog will sense the excitement in your voice and that just gets them going even more. lol

Thank goodness when she finally moved away there was nothing attached to her doggy nose. We went inside and I took a shower. lol
Welcome to my world..... :-D

Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow.

Please feel free to add any comments you may have about your Snorkie stories. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment