Wednesday, October 19, 2011

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - DINNER ROLL ADVENTURE

Hello Everyone

It was my turn to make my homemade dinner rolls for our monthly get together at church - 150 of those rolls. 
I was quickly running out of counter space and made the decision to put a tray on the kitchen table. Sammie has never, ever tried taking anything off of the counters or table.Now I know what you are thinking, but I felt it would be okay to leave them there while I stepped out to the store to buy more eggs and flour. I am telling you, I wasn't even gone an half hour - imagine my surprise when I walked into the house and no Sammie!
Now Sammie always greets me at the door, jumping, barking the whole nine yards....but not this time.
I looked over to the table and noticed the entire pan of 24 rolls was empty, gone, not one roll left. Called for Sammie - and my worst nightmare came true.

Sammie The Snorkie literally wobbled over to me. She looked like a combination of the Pillsbury dough boy and the Michelin Tire man wrapped up in fur. Sammie groaned when she walked. I swear even her cheeks were bloated.

I immediately called our Vet and explained what Sammie ate and how much. He told me the dog would probably be okay; however, I needed to give her Pepto Bismol every 2 hours for the rest of the night.
God only knows why he thought a dog would like Pepto Bismol any more than my kids did when they were sick.

I don't have to tell you that by the time we went to bed Sammie was brown, white and pink. She was so bloated we had to lift her onto the bed for the night.

Thank goodness by morning she was back to her normal self and I spent the rest of the morning trying to get Pepto Bismol off the carpet and her bed.

Dinner rolls and dogs....bad combination.

Don't try this at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment