Friday, February 3, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - MEMORY FOAM BED

Hello Everyone
                Copyright © 2012 sammiethesnorkie All Rights Reserved

A couple of blogs ago I told you about Sammie and her ear infection. The medication was purple and pretty soon everyone and everything was purple, remember? If not, you can read about it here in the older posts. >>>>>>>>>>

She has been on this ear treatment for almost 2 weeks and her doggie bed is now purple stained. I guess it was time to replace her bed, so off I went on my quest to find Sammie The Snorkie a new place to rest her head. 

Went to Pet Smarts first. Don't get me wrong, that pet store is very nice and sometimes they have great sales....but today not one dog bed was on sale. Their cheapest one was $25 and even my Chihuahua would not have a enough room to stretch her tiny legs in that bed.

The most expensive one was a MEMORY FOAM bed coming in at $99.99! Oh please! Do you know how long I have been begging the hubby for a memory foam bed for ME? Don't think that Sammie will be getting one before I do. lol

For the price of $99.99 it should include a visit from the Cocker Spaniel down the street once a week....I'm just saying...


So I went on to a couple of local pet stores and their prices weren't too much better. Ended up at the Dollar General store and picked up a pillow for $5. Got it home and put an old pillow case on it, threw it on the floor and waited to see what Sammie would do.


She sniffed around it for a couple of minutes and slowly laid down on the pillow. As I write this, she is softly snoring and enjoying her new bed.

Apparently Sam doesn't need a hundred dollar bed, put her in a $5 bed, throw in an old pillow case and towel and she's as happy as can be...and so is my wallet.  
 







No comments:

Post a Comment