Monday, October 17, 2011

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE- MEETS MY AUNT BETTY

Hello Everyone

I hope you all had an enjoyable week-end. Mine was 'interesting' to say the least. You see, I have this Aunt Betty who is referred by family members, behind her back of course, as a Martha Stewart wannabe. 
Aunt Betty called and said she will be out in my neck of the woods this week-end and she would like to stay for a 'short' visit. Panic set in....I have 4 dogs, 2 parakeets and a small house. As fussy as she is I knew my house had to be spic and span or I would never hear the end of it. Thank goodness she likes dogs, but of course not in the house.....

Sammie The Snorkie has never met my Aunt Betty so I really didn't know what to expect when she finally arrived at my home. To my surprise, they actually hit it off quite well. It almost got to the point I thought she really enjoyed having Sammie in the house. Then 'things' started happening.....

1. I found potpourri hanging from Sammie's collar.

2. Sammie's nails have been cut with pinking shears and painted pink.

3. Sammie's toys are all stored in Ziplock bags.

4. The pooper scooper has been decorated with raffia bows.

5. That telltale lemon slice in the new silver water bowl.

6. I found liver and whole wheat dog treats stamped out with copper cookie cutters and decorated with royal icing using a #2 rosette tip.

7. Dog hair has been collected and put into wire baskets for nesting material for the birds.




8. A seasonally appropriate grapevine wreath is hanging near Sammies bed.   
  
9.Sammie went outside naked and comes in wearing a thyme colored virgin wool hand-knitted sweater with matching boots.
10. The dog droppings in the backyard have been sculpted into swans.

 

Sammie and my Aunt Betty, who would have thought??
 





No comments:

Post a Comment