Wednesday, February 8, 2012

SAMMIE THE SNORKIE - DRY vs WET

Hello Everyone
               Copyright © 2012 sammiethesnorkie All Rights Reserved

Just came home from the vet, it was time for the dogs annual shots. That, my friends, is a whole blog right there but I will save it for another day. lol

The doctor informed me that feeding my dogs canned dog food is not healthy or good for them. They need to eat dry food. Yeah, right.

The people I got Sammie the Snorkie from told me that is all they fed her was dry food, never canned. Great! Not only is that good for the dogs but it's a little cheaper as well.

Brought Sammie home that first day and I let her get used to all the new smells, dogs etc. In the late afternoon, I brought out her dish and the dry food they sent home with her. Sammie smelled, pushed the food around and wasn't having any of it. I didn't want her to go hungry her first day with us, so I opened a can of dog food and you would have thought Sam hadn't eaten in 3 days! She inhaled her food, licked the bowl and looked for more. So, for the last year or so that's what I've been feeding Sam, Puddles, Gabby & Peaches.

I got to thinking on my drive home from the vet today I would try one more time feeding Sammie the dry food. I bought the dry dog food that Rachel Ray (chef on the Food Channel) is endorsing. That had to be good, right? After all she cooks for living, has a couple of dogs so she should know what the dogs will like.
Wrong........she doesn't have Sammie in her household.

Went out again and bought dog food that has dry and moist food mixed together. Sammie walked slowly to her dish and starred at her bowl thinking what the heck is my human trying to feed me now?? 

Darn if Sammie didn't take her front paws and start kicking out all of the dry pieces from her bowl! She ate the moist pieces left in the dish and Peaches the Chihuahua was eating pieces that Sammie kicked out.

I am now off to the store to buy a case of Pedigree canned dog food and started thinking 'Who is the one who is really trained in this house??!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment